Imagine enjoying a three-hour ride on a camel in the Dubai desert. If you are planning a tour to Dubai, riding ‘The Ship of Desert’ is one of the most interesting things you can try. Camels are a significant part of the Bedouin culture. While you ride these unbelievable desert species, you will get to know a lot about the fascinating history of camels, the Bedouin culture, and lots more.
While you enjoy camel riding in Dubai through the dunes, indulge in the enchanting story of the Dubai desert and appreciate the amazing wildlife of the desert. Don’t forget to spend some time in the Bedouin camps. Come with us and enjoy the fun of traditional Arabian adventure. Whether you are a beginner or an expert in camel riding, you will have a memorable time in the desert.
Inclusions of Camel Riding
- Shuttle service (if availed)
- Experience a one-hour camel ride in the desert
Reasons to go for this
- Experience the beauty of the traditional side of Dubai and ride the ‘Ship of Desert’.
- Roam around amidst the red dunes like nomads and enjoy the Bedouin life.
- Avail of the shuttle service.
- Don’t forget to try the other desert activities like sandboarding and quad biking.
Do you need camel riding skills or experience?
Camel is a versatile mode of transportation for the traditional Arabian culture. The culture is still followed by the Emirati locals. However, it became a significant part of the Dubai tourism. As a result, it turned into a leisure activity. Riding camels, you can explore deserts, but you won’t need special skills or experience to enjoy the camel ride. Moreover, camel rides come with guides, which means you can cherish the entire experience without any fear. You have to be flexible and maintain balance throughout the ride.
Dubai camel riding regulations
Riding domesticated camels are always safe. The desert camels that interact with humans and have tour experiences are safe for commercial use. Camel rides are although fun but involve taking safety precautions. Confirm that camel you will ride is reliable and is harmless.
Best time for camel rides in Dubai
Winter is the best season to enjoy camel ride in Dubai. Visit Dubai between October to May to make the most of camel ride.
- If you are pregnant or suffering from severe back pain, don’t go for this ride.
- Shuttle service (if available).
- Get shuttle service from Dubai’s main city area hotels. You have to pay an extra charge if you want to get the pickup service from your residence.
- Get shared shuttle service from Deira, Bur Dubai, Sheikh Zayed, and Marina.
- If you cancel the trip 12 hours before the actual day, no charges will be applied.
- If you cancel the trip within 12 hours, you have to pay the full charge for the camel trek in Dubai.
- Your refund amount will be reflected in your bank account within 7 days (if you are eligible).
- Kids under 3 are considered infants and don’t have to pay anything.
- Kids between 3-10 are considered children and have to pay the child rate.
- Kids above 10 are considered adults and have to pay the full charge.